SALT LAKE CITY (BrainShare® 2007)— 19 Mar 2007— “The market has received SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 with open arms, and we are committed to increasing the return on their investment,” said Holger Dyroff, vice president of SUSE Linux Enterprise product management for Novell. “In addition to integrating maintenance updates into SP1, we have listened to customers and added new functionality that will make it easier for them to take advantage of the benefits of enterprise Linux, as well as for hardware and software partners to ensure their products add maximum value to users.”
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 includes SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, providing a secure and reliable foundation for enterprise computing from the desktop to the data center – a lineup of enterprise-class solutions matched by no other Linux* vendor.
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP1 enhancements include the following:
- Enhanced virtualization support and management
- Updated high-availability storage infrastructure
- Support for new processor technologies
- Enhanced security features
- Expanded OpenOffice.org support
- Desktop virtualization
- Desktop enterprise integration technologies
- Updated desktop user experience
- Audit subsystem enrichment
- Support for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
You can get more information on each of the above items in the press release.